We are extremely excited to begin a wonderful new project at Bentham School entitled 'Food for Life'. Food for Life is an award winning national programme that works to try and transform food culture within schools. Their aim is to develop a positive culture by implementing the following:
- creating tasty and healthy school meals.
- improving the dining hall experience.
- growing our own produce in our gardens.
- using our produce within school meals.
- using our produce within the classroom.
- gaining a greater understanding of where our food comes from.
We are currently beginning our journey towards a Bronze Award and have so many new and exiting ideas to put in to place. The ideas are being driven by our new SNAG (School Nutrition Action Group) who are a group of enthusiatic students and staff members who have a passion for food, cooking and growing.
Please continue to check our school website for any updates in our journey to achieving the Bronze Food for Life award.
For more information please take a look at the Food for Life website at http://www.foodforlife.org.uk/